About Mark Harris
Marketing is about people which is why I clicked instantly with this industry and have never looked back.
Customers are at the heart of any organisation, and in Marketing, I have the privilege of listening and responding to them; their alignment with a company's culture and values, their needs and their desires.
And then there are the extraordinary people I work alongside. Marketing relies heavily upon teamwork - it’s a creative and dynamic space where you inspire each other and work collectively to move forward.
This environment fulfils my need for variety, action and a strong sense of community.
My shift to Coaching
My transition was sparked by several events and encouraged by a very good friend of mine, Simon Tyler. We had worked together at ICI, where my career in Marketing began. Ten years ago we reconnected, by which time Simon had become a Coach.
His career move inspired me to put my skills and experience towards something I really cared about: helping others realise their potential.
Best practice, best service
I now split my time between being a Coach and a Marketing Director for British, American and Finnish companies through Marketing Boost. This means I never lose sight of what marketing a business feels like; what I teach is what I practice every week.
I’m also an associate member of the Association for Coaching, an accredited Business Athlete Coach, a Part-Time Marketing Director for The Marketing Centre and an Executive Coach for the Marketing Academy, where I have the pleasure of coaching the brightest young Marketing talent in the country.
Coaching encapsulates everything I enjoy most in my work:
- I help my clients to rediscover the clarity and confidence they need to build momentum in their careers and personal life.
- My first-hand marketing experience offers insights to others.
- I experience positive changes in the lives of the people I work with.
My coaching methods centre around my enjoyment of connecting people...
- To their own resources to overcome growth challenges and embed self-development.
- To others who can help them to flourish.
- To the right customers to help their business maintain long-term success.
I deliver lasting sustainable growth in people and their businesses.